Wednesday, June 26, 2013

All That Matters Is What You Think Of Yourself

      **This blog post goes along with one of my previous posts. I've realized there was more to say.
          We live in a very judgmental world. Everywhere you go, someone is right there to look at us funny, or to ignore us because of the way we dress. I know many people, including myself, that think we aren't worth anything because we think we know what people are saying in their heads or to their friends. It lingers in our heads long after we leave the person or group of people that we can see are judging us have left.
         When I got out of high school and started looking for a job, I thought, Hey, this might not be so bad. I can do anything I want. Anything I set my mind to. I was so confident that I would get the job, that I felt like I was on top of the world! I have had my job for a while now, and I am comfortable with it. Now, as the economy changes and the demand for money to survive increases, I decided I need another job. I have searched on the internet for places to apply, I find myself looking at the easiest jobs out there. It is not because I am lazy, or because I hate work (even though I am definitely not a fan of having to work), it's because I don't feel like I am good enough for it. I feel that That area of work is too hard for me, and I feel that if there is any way that i could mess it up, I won't be able to do it without being hard on myself.
          I realize that the way I am thinking is wrong, and that I, along with everyone else underestimate what we can do. I don't end up applying for the jobs that I feel could be a great job just because I am afraid to mess everything up. We cannot be afraid of failure or of making mistakes. It is something that I am working on, and hope that everyone else who feels even the slightest bit the same as me can work on it, too.
          All of the judging that goes on in the world has caused a low self esteem in a lot of people. After I realized I was mistaken thinking I couldn't do any of those jobs, I thought, How many other people think they can't do something big like that? If people didn't take those chances to apply for a job that could change their life, or if people didn't take the chance to go to college to become doctors or engineers, we wouldn't have a successful world. I am working on making my life better and raising my self esteem. I hope those who feel like I do can work on it, too. All that matters is what you think of yourself, so make the most of it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Geat Post Kate. Have you thought of going to college? That's kind of an esteem issue as well. But the thought of someone like yourself so young and already thinking of having to have 2 jobs...which may sound ok now, but you don't want to have to live and survive working 2 jobs the rest of your life. You deserve an education that will afford you the opportunity for a better life altogether. And you have it within yourself to accomplish those things too. Stay Positive and in control of your futures. You got this, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be going to college, so no worries on that one. Im still deciding on what to major in, because im stuck between two things i love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete